Re: $(srcdir) in man pages and other targets

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: $(srcdir) in man pages and other targets
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 00:09:13 +0100

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 03:57:30PM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
>     I'd prefer not to go there...
>
> My thought was just that it seems like it would be one relatively simple
> command to check that no file in the purported distribution is newer
> than anything in the source tree.  Which should be the result after a
> make distcheck, I think.

That would be for some files only, as some distributed files are
generated, right?  Like files in man, some files in tp/...  But in most
cases just checking that they are in srcdir and not in builddir should
be enough to check that they were not regenerated.  If thay are
regenerated in srcdir, there should be some error during make distcheck
because the files in srcdir are read-only so this case should be already
covered.

--
PAt