Re: $(srcdir) in man pages and other targets

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: $(srcdir) in man pages and other targets
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 00:03:33 +0100

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:03:57PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

>     So, is there a reason why you used $(srcdir)/ in the rule?
>
> Good question.  I suspect I more or less didn't know what I was doing,
> thinking that I had to use $(srcdir) because I wanted to distribute
> those files.

For tp/Makefile.am, it is not so obvious, because we have those
include that are, if i understand well automake includes so they more or
less have to be in srcdir.  Also the rules to regenerate them explicitly
regenerate them in the srcdir.  So I would prefer not to change those
for now.  In addition they are not problematicas the man pages are,
because they also refernce files in srcdir.

--
Pat