Re: [Synaptic-devel] constructive suggestion for the new UI

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] constructive suggestion for the new UI
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:25:33 +0200

Am Samstag, den 24.07.2004, 12:57 -0400 schrieb Matthew Miller:
> I find the thing where you click on what looks like a check box (green or
> not) and it brings up a menu to be confusing. I think it's inconsistant with
> how I expect that user interface element to work.

We know that there is no equivalent of this behavior - beside yast. But
managing a package requires more complexity than a pure check box could
provide.

We could think about using the new optionsmenu of gtk2.4. but does it
support icons in the menu?

We tried to use other status symbols but could not find a better one.

Regards and thanks for sharing your opinion and ideas,

Sebastian