[Synaptic-devel] "Please contact the author of this software if this mes

From: Philip Miller
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] "Please contact the author of this software if this messageis diplayed"
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:26:47 -0400

First off, "messageis" should be "message is". Patch would be attached, except grep can't find 'messageis' anywhere in the source. Neither is it to be found in the source of apt or dpkg.

Second, I've contacted you. What can I do to help debug this? I haven't tried to reproduce, because I've kept the "Applying Changes..." window of Synaptic open.

The complete contents of the window are as follows:
Please contact the author of this software if this messageis diplayed
                                                                     Successfull
y applied all changes. You can close the window now

I'm running Debian unstable ("Sid"). Presently, I use apt-watch and apt-listchanges. There may be some interaction among them causing this issue, and if there is, I'd be glad to help flush it out.

I've already filed a Debian bug on this matter, though the bug server seems to be running slowly, as I've not gotten the ACK with the bug number back yet.

Philip Miller