Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:49:21 +0000

On Monday, October 28, 2013, 8:54:30 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
> The whole timeline may be copyrighted and, at least, I cannot release
> the swfc script under the GPLv3 (it has been released under that license
> from another project) without requiring any presentation generated from
> that swfc script to be released under the GPLv3.

> There is another potential copyright issue. As stupid as it may sound,
> the transition time list can be considered eligible for copyright
> protection, since it may express the work of a creative judgment. If
> this is so (which is by no means clear), I’d like to avoid messing with
> other people’s copyrights.

> But I think Flash is the way to go (at least for now).

Write a small perl script (or similar) to convert the source timeline data
into ActionScript variable declarations within a .action block in a separate
file.

Use .include from the main .sc to incorporate those declarations into the
final SWF.

Both the script and the main .sc remain unencumbered, the "end user"
will need to provide their own source data to complete compilation.

John
--
Dead stars still burn