Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] basic question on ActionScript 2.0
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:54:30 +0100

On 10/27/2013 09:56 PM, Lists wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 21:38:44 +0100 Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>>>
>>> Seems like the obvious choice to make.  Shoud do what you want.
>>
>> It’s more tricky than I thought.
>
> Which bit exactly, is trickier?

Copyright issues with the timeline.

>> I’d like to avoid having the contents of the file (time expressed in
>> milliseconds) in the .sc script, since otherwise this will lead to
>> copyright issues.
>
> Where exactly *IS* the Copyright issue here?

The whole timeline may be copyrighted and, at least, I cannot release
the swfc script under the GPLv3 (it has been released under that license
from another project) without requiring any presentation generated from
that swfc script to be released under the GPLv3.

There is another potential copyright issue. As stupid as it may sound,
the transition time list can be considered eligible for copyright
protection, since it may express the work of a creative judgment. If
this is so (which is by no means clear), I’d like to avoid messing with
other people’s copyrights.

But I think Flash is the way to go (at least for now).

Cheers,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk