Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf and AIR

From: List_Subs
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf and AIR
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:18:17 +0200

On Thu, 17 May 2012 23:30:18 +0200
Hans J Nuecke <address@hidden> wrote:

> For future use of pdf2swf for AIR applications it would be necessary
> to have the option to get rid of the *allowDomain* command.

[ .. and not forgetting 'allowInsecureDomain'  ]

> Otherwise no converted PDF file could be used with an AIR application.

Isn't that a bit of a wild claim ( possibly hot Air ;o) )?  Have all the
bases been fully checked?

> One option could be a switch, as suggested by Andrew.
> Another option could be a "try-catch" block, coded directly into the
> AS3 code generated by swftools. Which would handle both the
> Flashplayer/network and AIR/local use case automatically (if my
> assumption is right).

Ok so it was only a quick skim, however the documentation out there
seems
to indicate that such a thing should be unncessary.

How about some concrete examples conclusively proving the case for,
rather
than all this 'my application doesn't work, and therefore swftools is to
blame', rather than the actual method of coding chosen'? ;o)

> ImO this should be realized by the developers. They know best how to
> create such AS3 binary code; and can build the Binaries more easily
> (assumption based on my problems trying to compile ;-)

They do?

> Matthias, what do you think about this?
> Do you have other ideas/suggestions/a work around?

As stated, how about some examples before going down that particular
path?

Chris.

[ ..someone coming at this completely cold, in not having Air installed ]