Re: [Swftools-common] PNG2SWF Bug, minor

From: Neal Murphy
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] PNG2SWF Bug, minor
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:36:03 -0500

On Thursday 09 December 2004 03:36 am, Matthias Kramm wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 12:59:03PM -0500, Neal Murphy wrote:
> > This tool doesn't seem to handle transparency on the top row and left
> > column of PNGs.
>
> It might be that the PNG Paethpredictor expects row/column -1 to
> have alpha 255 instead of (in the current implementation) 0.
> That would explain a problem like that.
> Could you send me the PNG in which you saw this problem appear?

I re-created the visual 'effect' (I had worked around the problem and deleted
the originals). Attachments sent to Matthias off-list.

I've now looked at it differently. Seems the converted PNG is OK. It's the
'included' SWF that renders oddly. It *might* be a problem with how the
browser renders the SWF. Or how swfc 'includes' an SWF.

Hmmm. The more I look at it, it might just be the way the plug-in renders the
image. (The rendering is the same whether I use Mozilla, Netscape or
Konqueror.) The apparent 'doubling' of the left and top column/row seems to
shift to the right and bottom column/row at larger scaling.

Don't you just hate when you find out, after complaining about a problem, that
you've gone to the wrong office? :)

Thanks for the assistance! I'm slowly getting the new splash intro done. Now
if I can only figure out how to make audio work, I'll be all set!
--
Neal P. Murphy, CIO
  Diesel Hot Rod Association, Inc.