Re: [Swarm-Support] Running troubles with a swarm-objc-based application

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Running troubles with a swarm-objc-based application on macosX
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:44:14 -0700

Bill Northcott wrote:
Would I be right in thinking that is the apple_port branch?
Yup
I had understood that the GUI needing writing. Having done a bit of Cocoa now, I am tempted to have a go at a Cocoa GUI and ditch all the Tcl/Tk/BLT stuff.
It ought to be possible to make an app for monitoring runs that is best-practice for Cocoa, or others, and have them talk to the model completely from another process, or from some other machine. That was the main motive behind Gennady's work. Also, as I understand it, they've got phase switching working on the Mac, which is a neat trick!

I don't think it matters if such a monitoring app were MacOS X only. Someone who wants the app on some other platform can adapt it to GNUstep or write a new one. It would be nice if Apple/non-Apple branches could be merged or at least not diverge any more.
I think love is time consuming.
Yeah, I'd certainly vote for using SDG money to support this, limited as it is.
Marcus