Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm on Mac

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm on Mac
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:25:38 -0700

Bill Northcott wrote:
Including stdlib.h includes types.h and malloc.h wherever they are. This is the right thing to do and the code is wrong.
Swarm adds an include file <misc.h> that includes the headers that the C library superset that Swarm itself uses throughout (e.g. functions like stpcpy). The misc library in turn adds any missing functions to the Swarm distribution as needed. e.g. the Java build for Windows that doesn't use Cygwin introduces a few extra functions. It should be possible to write models without including misc.h or stdlib.h e.g. by using the -alloc: method instead for mallloc, but C programmers that prefer to program Objective C models in C like ways can do that too. I suspect Breeder only makes superficial use of C library stuff. At one point I went over a whole bunch of those libraries and models to minimize their dependencies..