Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm on Mac

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Swarm on Mac
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:36:11 +1100

On 06/02/2007, at 10:20 AM, David Camacho Trujillo wrote:
I use to work with Swarm under Linux, (some time under windows) and my model runs fine. Recently I have installed Swarm on a Intel Mac (Intel Core Duo) following the instructions on the wiki (many thanks to Bill Northcott, I just will suggest to include the prerequisite of run X11 before run any application, as you already explain in this mailing list) and the swarmapps runs fine also.
But now my application (Objective-c code) does not compile.
The output is:

make gamodel
gcc -B ../../tools -c -g -O2 -Wno-long-double -B /tools -fgnu-runtime
-fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Wno-long- long -arch ppc -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAPPNAME= -DAPPVERSION=2.2 - address@hidden
-I/usr/local/swarm2.2/include  BinChrom.m
BinChrom.m:9:20: error: malloc.h: No such file or directory
BinChrom.m: In function '-[BinChromosome setLength:]':
BinChrom.m:23: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
BinChrom.m: In function '-[BinChromosome Clone:withMutation:]':

The warnings mean what they say, and I think you should change your code to eliminate them. Recent versions of gcc give more warnings than old ones but they are better investigated.

The problem preventing the compile is
BinChrom.m:9:20: error: malloc.h: No such file or directory

You code should not be trying to include or access malloc.h. As per K&R all the utility functions are in stdlib.h. Can you send the first ten lines or so of BinChrom.m and its header if there is one.

Bill Northcott