[Swarm-Support] Swarm on Mac

From: David Camacho Trujillo
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Swarm on Mac
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 00:20:42 +0100 (CET)

Dear Swarmers,

I use to work with Swarm under Linux, (some time under windows) and my model
runs fine. Recently I have installed Swarm on a Intel Mac (Intel Core Duo)
following the instructions on the wiki (many thanks to Bill Northcott, I just
will suggest to include the prerequisite of run X11 before run any application,
as you already explain in this mailing list) and the swarmapps runs fine also.
But now my application (Objective-c code) does not compile.
The output is:

make gamodel
gcc -B ../../tools -c -g -O2 -Wno-long-double -B /tools -fgnu-runtime
-fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Wno-long-long  -arch ppc
-D_GNU_SOURCE -DAPPNAME= -DAPPVERSION=2.2 address@hidden
-I/usr/local/swarm2.2/include  BinChrom.m
BinChrom.m:9:20: error: malloc.h: No such file or directory
BinChrom.m: In function '-[BinChromosome setLength:]':
BinChrom.m:23: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
BinChrom.m: In function '-[BinChromosome Clone:withMutation:]':
BinChrom.m:188: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
BinChrom.m: In function '-[BinChromosome Duplicate:From:To:withMutation:]':
BinChrom.m:221: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
BinChrom.m: In function '-[BinChromosome Kill:From:To:]':
BinChrom.m:261: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
BinChrom.m: In function '-[BinChromosome Swap::with:size:]':
BinChrom.m:291: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
BinChrom.m: In function '-[BinChromosome RemoveReinsert::To:size:]':
BinChrom.m:326: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
BinChrom.m: In function '-[BinChromosome Mate:And:withMutation:]':
BinChrom.m:357: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
make: *** [BinChrom.o] Error 1

I am not really sure where to start looking at the problem, so I really
appreciate any advise. ( I am new to MacĀ“s)
I have :
System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.8 (8N1150)  (Tiger)
Kernel Version: Darwin 8.8.3
Thanks in advance,
David