Re: [Swarm-Support] SWARM-JAVA (Import?)

From: Stephen Ongaro
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] SWARM-JAVA (Import?)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:28:06 -0800 (PST)

Dear Marcus,
I have successfully set the CLASSPATH and SWARMHOME but JBuilder still indicates that "package swarm does not exist" as shown in the attached document.  How can I resolve these error messages?

Best regards,
Stephen Ongaro

"Marcus G. Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
Stephen Ongaro wrote:

> I set the classpath variable to include
> c:\Tourism\swarm\Swarm-2.2\share\swarm\*.jar but Java still indicates
> that '/package swarm does not exist/' .
>
> How can this problem be resolved?

From the DOS command line (not Cygwin), it should look like this:

set
CLASSPATH=.;c:\Tourism\swarm\Swarm-2.2-java\share\swarm\swarm.jar;c:\Tourism\swarm\Swarm-2.2-java\share\swarm\kawa.jar

Then simply use "java YourModel" to run, not "javaswarm YourModel".
Note the name "Swarm-2.2-java" in the directory name, which is how it
was released in the final 2.2 release. (You may have a prerelease.)

Also, you'll need SWARMHOME set, like so:

set SWARMHOME=c:/Tourism/swarm/Swarm-2.2-java

(this is assuming you in fact unpacked the distribution in c:\Tourism\swarm)