[Swarm-Support] swarmapps-objc-2.2 test version available

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: [Swarm-Support] swarmapps-objc-2.2 test version available
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:01:42 -0600

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/swarmapps-objc-2.2.tar.gz

swarmapps-objc-2.2

If you are interested, please look this over and tell me if you see obvious glitches. I got frustrated trying to integrate the java apps and so I decided to give you swarmapps-objc while I have it, and fuss over swarmapps-java later (when the headache subsides).

Here's the README content.

Swarmapps In Objective-C
Version 2.2

This package includes example programs that work with Swarm-2.2.
The package represents a volunteer effort to revise and improve
several Swarm programs.

In the "swarmapps-2.1.1" package, the following applications were
featured:

heatbugs
hello-world
market
mousetrap
template
tutorial

In this package, we have not included the following because
there were no volunteers who wanted to actively maintain them:

hello-world
market
template

In the place of those applications, we have included several
new, exciting programs.

arborgamesII: See the trees and the forest!

conway: Conway's Game of Life

schellingII: An implementation of Schelling's model of racial segregation

sss: A Swarm version of Epstein & Axtell's Sugar Scape model.

We hope that the hello-world programs will be incorporated in the
future.  The future of the market application is less optimistic.  If
one wants to study a model of the stock market, one can instead
consider the Santa Fe Artificial Stock Market (ASM)
http://ArtStkMkt.sourceforge.net.

If you have questions about how to run or use these applications,
please address them to the community on the swarm-support email list.
If you can't find help there, you can directly contact the authors of
the individual programs. Those authors are reading swarm-support, so you should usually just join that list and address that general audience so others can l
earn from your questions and their answers.

Paul E. Johnson

Note:

This was held up for a while because, on Fedora Core 3, I cannot make the feature work which takes a screenshot of the entire screen. But on FC2 and Windows, it works, so I'm proceeding as if it is something wrong in FC3 that we will eventually figure out. I have not the ability/time to track this down yet, but I keep hoping I will.

1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504