Re: [Swarm-Support] Announcement: Xdrone 0.1

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Announcement: Xdrone 0.1
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:24:25 -0700

I haven't played with it yet, but it looks like it should be possible to extend Xdrone beyond OS X using this thing. It would require some changes to how Xdrone is implemented, but it's in principle quite feasible. Some brave soul might even be able to...gasp!...get it to work in Cygwin. (That brave soul will not be me.)

In any case, Apple WWDC is next week, and I'll be there attending the Xgrid sessions in hopes of an actual product announcement. The Xgrid "technology preview" is interesting, but still has a lot of holes and stability issues (not to mention lack of documentation).

--Ed