[Swarm-Support] Re: [Swarm-Modelling] xmalloc problem

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: [Swarm-Modelling] xmalloc problem
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:33:13 -0700

José Antonio Pascual Ruano wrote:

Hello dear swarmers,

I`m running a simulation with JavaSwarm but I have a persistent problem.

Every time the simulation reaches around 80000 cycles the system crashes

The error that I get is:

/src/Swarm/swarm/src/misc/xmalloc.c:95 xmalloc

I posted a question about this problem several months ago because we also encountered this problem. The same error occurs when you create lots of agents instead of running for a long time. The problem does not occur running the same code in Linux.

I think there is deep down in Windows a limit on how many times a process can access another block of memory- even if the process frees memory at the same rate it accesses it. In fact, I think I saw a Windows parameter that controls this limit but stupidly did not write down where it was. Perhaps someone who really knows Windows can tell us.

Steve R.

--
Margaret Lang / Steve Railsback
250 California Ave.