[Swarm-Support] XP compiling problem

From: David Camacho Trujillo
Subject: [Swarm-Support] XP compiling problem
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:23:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi dear Swarmers,

Sorry to be reiterative, but I have try several times to install Swarm on XP
(once again, sorry but it was preinstalled!) with Cywin with out success.
Obviously, I have try, carefully following all the available instructions, but
still it does not work. I mean, it is mounted but it is not able to compile any
application. In every case, I receive the same massage:

.../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/Id: cannot find –lBLT24
collect 2: id returned one exit status
make: ***[bug.exe] Error 1

I have checked the BLT library, and as I see it is somehow related to the
tcl/tk libraries, I have put a copy of it BLT files (in /bin directory) and
manually a copy of those old versions (8.0, actual are 8.4) libraries
(directories /share/tcl8.0 /share/tk8.0) on their respective places. But still
it does not work.

Does any one have solved this problem before?

Many thanks in advance,
David Camacho