'id_SwarmActivity_c', 'id_ScheduleIndex_c' and '_activity_swarmSyncType'

From: Philip Mötteli
Subject: 'id_SwarmActivity_c', 'id_ScheduleIndex_c' and '_activity_swarmSyncType'?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 04:27:41 +0100

Hi

I have some problems, understanding the source code of Swarm. There's one variable in 'SwarmProcess.m', called '_activity_swarmSyncType'. This variable is declared as

        externvar id    _activity_swarmSyncType;

At least with this beast I found how it is declared, but I have no idea, where it gets its value. This is probably, because I couldn't find the definition of 'externvar'. It shouldn't be a global variable, because _activity_swarmSyncType is declared again in 'activity.m'.
So how does SwarmProcess get its value for _activity_swarmSyncType?

For the other two variables ('id_SwarmActivity_c' and 'id_ScheduleIndex_c'), I couldn't even find a declaration and not to talk about, where and how they get initialized.

Could anybody help me except Marcus?

Thanks!
Phil