UnsatisfiedLinkError

From: Duncan Bayly
Subject: UnsatisfiedLinkError
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 16:51:22 +1000 (EST)

I am trying to install Swarm for Java on UNIX. I have downloaded the
jheatbugs example and compiled it succesfully. However, when I run it, I
get the followin error.

yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au% javaswarm StartHeatbugs
Exception caught: kaffeswarm: file not found
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native function:
swarm/SwarmEnvironment.initSwarm(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)V
        at StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:15)

I realise this is a simple error, but I've struggled to solve it without
luck. I tried to search the support archive, but couldn't turn anything
up. I have also searched for kaffeswarm, but I have not found it, although
I did come across libkaffeswar.* in the SDGswarm/reloc/lib directory

I have set the following environmental variables.

PATH=/nfs/platypus/r/research/ai/jah/swarm/SDGswarm/reloc/bin:
     /usr/local/pkg/jdk1.2.2/bin:
     /usr/local/bin:
     /usr/local/bin/X11:
     <...>

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:
                <...>/SDGkaffe/reloc/lib:
                <...>/SDGswarm/reloc/lib:
                <...>
N.B. Tcl/Tk libraries live in /usr/local/lib here.

CLASSPATH=<...>/SDGkaffe/reloc/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar:
          <...>/SDGswarm/reloc/share/swarm/swarm.jar:
          <...>:.

My guess is that it is an environmental variable problem. If anyone could
point out the error or tell me if a solution has been answered elsewhere
(web or email archive), it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Duncan Bayly