Real Space

From: William M. Rand
Subject: Real Space
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:24:12 -0400

        I've been trying to read through the archives and so far seem to have
not
had any luck.   Basically I want to implement a series of agents in a real
(contiguous) space.  I noticed that many of the swarm simulations that I
have seen that look like they are actually in a real space are actually just
in a highly discretized space.  Is there anyone who has actually implemented
a truly real space?  It would be nice to be able to have real coordinates
for an agent as well as being able to find "neighbors within radius x" or
"k-nearest neighbors"
-Bill

Bill Rand    1855 Shirley Lane #A8   Ann Arbor, MI 48105    734-623-1970
address@hidden              http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~wrand/
  "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death
 that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it
 to pass over and through me."-Litany against Fear, Dune, Frank Herbert