R, HDF5, Swarm output serialization - Final Episode [was: Part II]

From: Norberto Eiji Nawa
Subject: R, HDF5, Swarm output serialization - Final Episode [was: Part II]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:45:10 +0900

Just a quick note. It works beautifully (R hovers around 30 MB on my
Linux box). Thanks Marcus and Paul for all the help!

Eiji

Marcus> Much overdue, I finally ran your example files and WHOOOOOSH there
Marcus> goes the memory!  What a drag.  But thanks to your excellent
Marcus> test-case, it was possible to investigate and fix the leak.  The
Marcus> R/HDF5 module now loads your `HDF5samples' files for me in about ~30
Marcus> meg on Solaris.  Let me know if there are still problems on your end.
Marcus> ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/testing/hdf5_1.3.tar.gz