Re: Help : Testing SDG-0.0.tar

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Help : Testing SDG-0.0.tar
Date: 04 Apr 2001 09:50:44 -0700

NS> Also, I tried to test it using javacswarm in the terminal : I have
NS> no compilation errors But when I tried to run it (javaswarm
NS> ObserverSwarm ) the following message appears :
NS> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError:[exception was
NS> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native function:
NS> swarm/SwarmEnvironmentCImpl.createBegin()Ljava/lang/Object;] at
NS> ObserverSwarm.main(ObserverSwarm.java:126)

NS> I have also updated the swarm.jar and javaswarm.dll

The `javacswarm' and `javaswarm' scripts are configured for use with
the Kaffe Java virtual machine in the Swarm distribution.  I think what
has happened is that you've updated the swarm.jar but have the old
libkaffeswarm.dll, and that they are out of sync.

However, it should work if you say "jdkcswarm *.java agent2d/*.java"
and then "jdkswarm ObserverSwarm".  If not, then grab yesterday's
libkaffeswarm.dll, javaswarm.dll and swarm.jar and try again with
javacswarm/javaswarm.

NS> Error: C:\Narjes\SWARMApplications\src\SDG-0.0\agent2d\Alex2d.java(12):
NS> Class java.util.Iterator not found in import

These are Java 1.2 interfaces.  Somehow your IDE is not finding them
or doesn't have them.  I suggest you first get things working in the
Swarm/terminal, and then try again.  In the jheatbugs 2.1 distribution
there are a set of files that implement a minimal set of Java `collections'
interfaces, and that suffice for you.

NS> I wanted to fellow the Swarm tutorial 2000 and downloaded the
NS> SDG-0.0.tar example.

Since you've got the new DLLs, you might as well get the later SDG-0.1.tar.gz.