Re: Unsatisfied Link error

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Unsatisfied Link error
Date: 29 Nov 2000 16:09:26 -0800

WB> Are these the correct versions of the files.  I noticed even with
WB> the heatbugs example I get the error described below (when running
WB> in verbose mode).

As long as your dealing with things at this level, you might as well
grab the latest from
ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/binaries/w32/2.1.1-fixes.  Be sure to
get kawa.jar.gz, too and put in in /Swarm-2.1.1/share/swarm along
with the swarm.jar.gz.

WB> Are the actual java files that make up the swarm.jar file
WB> available somewhere where they can be recompiled and rejared with
WB> the java sdk I am using (I am primarily running IBM jdk1.3 but
WB> have also tried using Sun jdk1.2 with similar results.

The Java files are generated from the protocol files in Swarm itself.
There is only around 200 lines of actual hand-written Java and you'll
find that in the source distribution.

I do know that the 2.1.1 DLLs/jar and the files above work fine on Windows.

Sorry if I missed where you said it before, but does your model compile
with javacswarm or jdkcswarm and run with javaswarm or jdkswarm?  These
scripts make sure the PATH and CLASSPATH are set correctly..  The first
in each case is for Kaffe and the latter is for Sun JDK (assuming you
have it installed).