Re: floating point time scheduling

From: Andre Costa
Subject: Re: floating point time scheduling
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:11:48 +1030 (CST)

> If I understand you correctly, I think what you want is something like
> this:
>
> http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/SwarmFaq/WorkingExampleCode/objc/pjrepeater4.m
>
> ..except in Java, of course..

yes, I think this is what I am looking for, except that I am implementing
a floating point time schedule  - it seems the crux of
"pjrepeater" lies in the use if a BugSwarm instance as a member of the
ModelSwarm to contain the Bugs.

I will try and modify pjrepeater with a FPT schedule, whereby the Bug
class would have a self-scheduling method that looks like:

((ConcurrentSchedule) schedule.insertGroup( (int) val
)).at$createActionTo$Message( (int) ((val - Math.floor(val))*precision),
this, aSelector);

for a (double) val.

I'm not sure if the "pjrepeater" approach will solve the problem I am
getting but I will post some code as you suggest...

Ultimately, I need to dynamically create Bugs during the course of the
simulation and have them all synchronized in floating-point time...does
the use of a BugSwarm, as in "pjrepeater" (which is constructed ModelSwarm
time t=0) preclude the dynamic addition of Bugs to the BugSwarm (and still
have them synchronized ?)

In any case, I might post some code rather than keep talking in vague
terms !
thanks again,

Andre

Andre Costa
Research Student

Teletraffic Research Centre           Telephone: (08) 8303 3237
Department of Applied Mathematics     Fax:       (08) 8303 4395
University of Adelaide                Email:address@hidden
South Australia  5005