Re: mingwc10.dll and NT installation

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: mingwc10.dll and NT installation
Date: 20 Nov 2000 10:57:53 -0800

MB> Our computers all have the same NT4 (SP5) operating system and the
MB> same software and anti-viruses. The crash happens also when we
MB> installed as administrators. Could it be that this dll is used by
MB> another program?

The mingwc10.dll gets installed in a separate Swarm tree, so I don't
think it is related.  It might have something to do with DLL registration
though if the system is restricted somehow.

MB> The only way we managed to install Swarm was
MB> using the temporary files left after the crash, as administrators.

What I would do would be to find or configure a machine to be unrestricted
for some user, and do an install as that user (_not_ Administrator).

Then, if that goes ok, you can copy the whole distribution to
some shared location and set up the Swarm mounts as needed.