Re: mingwc10.dll and NT installation

From: Marie-Edith Bissey
Subject: Re: mingwc10.dll and NT installation
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:15:39 +0000 (WET)

On 20 Nov 2000, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

|MB> It depends on the computer, but we have the problem on a C: drive
|MB> with about 1.2GB of free space. The computer always crashes on the
|MB> same dll: mingwc10.dll.
|
|There's nothing special about that DLL that would explain it crashing,
|really.  This happens on a bunch of computers?  If so, do they have anything
|in common?
|
|(I've never seen such a crash.)

Our computers all have the same NT4 (SP5) operating system and the
same software and anti-viruses. The crash happens also when we
installed as administrators. Could it be that this dll is used by
another program?
The only way we managed to install Swarm was using the
temporary files left after the crash, as administrators.
The problem we have in installing as users is that the permissions for
the group "user" are standard for the "domain user", and they are not
allowed to install all types of programs (and Swarm is one of those).
We would like to install the program in a general way and once and for
all as lots of different students are using these computers.

Thank you again for your help,

Marie-Edith.

Marie-Edith Bissey
Universita` del Piemonte Orientale "Amedeo Avogadro"
Facolta` di Science Politiche         email: address@hidden
Corso Borsalino 50                    tel: +39-0131-283749
15 100 Alessandria -- ITALIA          fax: +39-0131-263030
http://polis.unipmn.it/doc/bis/hp.htm