Re: UML

From: Miles Parker
Subject: Re: UML
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:43:56 -0400

James Odell has an interesting paper on this at
http://www.jamesodell.com/publications.html.

Jim has been at a number of Swarmish gatherings, and in fact gave a
presentation on using UML at Swarmfest 98, I think. His work is mostly
related to MAS stuff, but it definitely has applicability. I think UML type
notation has a definite place in agent-modeling, though for now it probably
makes the most sense as tool for understanding modeling frameworks rather
than realizations. As Marcus, said, there are are some limitations for
modeling the kinds of things we care about, but certainly great
possibilities as well. Certainly something I'm interested in exploring
further.

Miles T. Parker
Software Engineer
Washington, D.C.