Re: Need help installing swarm 2.0.1

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Need help installing swarm 2.0.1
Date: 24 Sep 1999 13:42:19 -0700

JA> 1. Right now, my swarm source directory lives in
JA> ~/prog/swarm-2.0.1/, with the libraries, include files,
JA> etc. installed in /usr/local/swarm/.  I'd like to move the source
JA> files into the directory /usr/local/swarm/src so that I can trace
JA> through them when debugging.  What's the best way to do this?
JA> Should I just "make clean" and then "mv ~/prog/swarm-2.0.1
JA> /usr/local/swarm/src"?

Hmm, I think it should work without any further changes.
But you can add commands like "directory ~/prog/swarm-2.0.1" to
~/.gdbinit to have gdb set things up like this on startup.

JA>    /usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
JA> `__objc_class_name_Colormap' are not defined

The Objective C compiler took some shortcuts generating symbols
that ensure that classes are loaded.  There's a patch to GCC
if you really want to make things right:

ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm/needed-software/diffs/objc.diff