Trouble Memory

From: Nicolas Garrido
Subject: Trouble Memory
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:12:42 +0200

Hi, I need your help please.
I am making a simulation where each agent uses Genetic Algorithms for taking a decision about what is her/his best coalition.
In each step of simulation every agent starts from an initial population of coalitions and calculates her/his best coalition by AG.
As I had problems with memory I simplify (the inessential code has been removed)  the code for understanding where the problem is and finally I arrived to this code:

- processMessage

{

[self makePopulation];

// Here, the agent must make her/his calculation by AG

// ..................

[self clearPopulation];

return self;

}

- (void) makePopulation{

unsigned i;

curPopMap=[Map create:[self getZone]];

for (i=0 ; i<popSize ;i++)

{

    Coalition *c;

    c=[Coalition createBegin: [self getZone]];

    [c setOwnerID:selfID];

    c=[c createEnd];

    [c randomInit];

    [curPopMap at:c insert: c];

- (void) clearPopulation

{

[curPopMap removeAll];

}

Initially, in the simulation there are n-Agent and the Scheduler calls for each agent the message processMessage.
The problem is that the use of memory raises quickly. I thought that with [curPopMap removeAll] I could free the memory.
I will welcome any suggestions on how to handle this problem and any suggestions about memory administration.

Thanks

Nico.