Re: Density Graph, How?

From: Catherine Dibble
Subject: Re: Density Graph, How?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 08:33:59 -0800

Greetings Paul,

As usual, I'm savoring vacation time as my opportunity to spend
more time Swarming than usual.  I was very interested in both
of your Swarm support/modeling posts this fall, re Voronoi/
Thiessen polygons and re agents crossing paths.

This density / neighbor modeling is dear to my modeling heart
as well, perhaps no surprise?  Have you done more with this C
library from Dave Watson?  How does that compare to the
Voronoi utilities of Chris Gold and Geoffrey Edwards?  Have you
seen Geoffrey Edwards's COSIT'93 paper?  It is one of my
favorites, and perhaps *extremely* relevant to Swarm Geographers.

Edwards, Geoffrey (1993)
The Voronoi model and cultural space: applications to the social
   sciences and humanities
in:   Andrew U. Frank and Irene Campari (editors)
       _Spatial Information Theory:  A Theoretical Basis for GIS_
       Lecture Notes in Computer Science #716 (COSIT'93 Proceedings)

Thoughts?  Have you had much luck adding it to Swarm?

Also, do you know whether much is happening with Swarm - GIS?
I remember the list meltdown, but has it really been that quiet since
then?  Am I the only one missing it?

Wishing you warm holidays and also time to play!  :)

Catherine
| Catherine Dibble         |                                            |
| Department of Geography  |   "Theory provides the maps that turn an   |
| University of California |    uncoordinated set of experiments or     |
| Santa Barbara, CA 93106  |    computer simulations into a cumulative  |
|                          |    exploration."                           |
| address@hidden       |    -- Booker, Goldberg, Holland (1989)     |
| www.geog.ucsb.edu/~cath  |      _Artificial Intelligence_ 40:235-282  |