Run time error: Class not recognizing allocIVars

From: Tony
Subject: Run time error: Class not recognizing allocIVars
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 21:46:29 -0400

Hi all,

I need a solution to these problems as soon as possible :)

After having a skeleton simulation that has run successfully, and after increasing modifications, I now get the following run time error after starting the sim:

 error:  CompetitionProcess (class)
 CompetitionProcess does no recognize allocIVars
 IOT trap/Abort (core dumped).

Competition is an object that has been previously compiled and is in a library (.a) used by the sim.  I made some changes (just added a few lines of code to an Observerswarm to create a raster and set the Xcolormap, and didn't make any other changes to any other methods besides adding the graphics code to the build method.

I have tinkered with the include files in the above mentioned Observerswarm, but none that I added had anything to do with the previously compiled library.  I added an include "tkobjc/Raster.h" to solve *this* problem:

while compiling, I get a parse error before the following declaration in a .m file (same as above):

 parse error at line 20 before "Object2dDisplay"

line 20 looks like:

 Object2dDisplay * agentDisplay;

when I comment out the line, the problem goes away!  I've tried including tkobjc/Raster.h, which didn't help.  Immediately preceding that, I have a ZoomRaster declaration, and a colormap declaration, which work fine.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tony Bigbee