Hotel Reservations for SwarmFest

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Hotel Reservations for SwarmFest
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:56:50 -0700

I'd like to remind everyone that SFI has asked the hotel to
hold several rooms at the Homewood Suites hotel.  But, we
haven't made reservations for individuals.  Anyone coming
to SwarmFest MUST MAKE THEIR OWN RESERVATIONS.  We've been told
by the hotel that only two people have made reservations so far
and they won't hold the rooms for much longer.  (This is ski
season [grin].)  And I apologize for not having an agenda for
SwarmFest.  I realize that would help in making decisions on
how many nights to stay and whatnot.  But, we simply haven't
had time to work on this yet.  I think it's safe to assume that
the meetings will go all day and may span a little into the
evenings.

glen
Here's the info about the hotel again:

                SwarmFest travel and lodging info

   A block of rooms has been reserved for the group at the Homewood
Suites, 400 Griffin Street, Santa Fe, NM.  The phone number there is
988-3000 or 1-800-225-5466.  Room rates are $85 for singles or
doubles; please arrange shared reservations (one bed, one fold-out
couch) between yourselves.  Please call the hotel directly to make
reservations; reference the SFI Swarm Users Group.

   The hotel serves continental breakfast daily and has a van which
can drive you to the Institute.

   We expect that you will handle your own air and surface travel
arrangements.  Information about getting to Santa Fe follows.

   The major airport connection to Santa Fe is Albuquerque, New
Mexico; approximately 60 miles from Santa Fe.  Most large airlines fly
into Albuquerque.  There is also a small airport in Santa Fe which is
serviced by Mesa Airlines (10-seat planes) from both Albuquerque and
Denver; for information call 1-800-637-2247.

   You can reach downtown Santa Fe from the Albuquerque airport using
a bus service called Shuttlejack which runs approximately every two
hours.  The cost is $20 each way and reservations are required; call
(505) 982-4311 for reservations and information.  The Shuttle stops at
the Homewood Suites.

   Car rental is available at the Albuquerque and Santa Fe airports
and in downtown Santa Fe.  We have good corporate rates with Budget
which include free insurance coverage.  For reservations please call
1-800-527-0700, identify yourself as an SFI workshop participant, and
refer to corporate account number T47550.  If your credit card or
personal auto insurance insurance does not cover rental cars, we
recommend that you accept LDW and SLI at the counter.

   Santa Fe is a wonderful, small city with excellent cultural
opportunities, outdoor activities, and restaurants.  We are at an
altitude of 7,000 feet.  In mid-February, temperatures range from 0 to
40 degrees.  Snow is likely.