-O3 = bad?

From: Patrick McNeill
Subject: -O3 = bad?
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 14:52:49 -0500

I was just working with a library I'm working on at home (Sparse3d) and
everything was working fine.  Then I added a bit more code to allow values
as well as objects (it's a new world class) and everything died - even
sims not using Sparse3d.  I had just read part of the gcc man page (don't ask
why - I don't know:) ) and knew that -O3 did some stuff to the way funtions
were handled (that was the impression I got at least)...  Well, I took -O3 out
of the Makefile.conf and everything works fine again...  Does anybody have
any idea why this happened?  Just curious...

-Patrick
 http://www.tjhsst.edu/people/pmcneill/