[no subject]

From: Ian F Wilkinson
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 12:10:31 +1100 (EST)

   I've compiled and read through the code on the "Emergence Of Banking" SWARM
demonstration from the user community.  Here is the scenario:

        - A population of individuals have a fixed income
        - Each cycle their is a global probability that each individual
          will encounter another indivdual
        - When an individual is encountered, if they can give you a bigger
          return on investment from a loan you transfer your lending link
          to that person
        - When an individual is encountered, if they can loan you more
          money than your current loaner then you transfer your loan link
          to that person.

In this sense, every individual has the capability to accumulate money and
grow into a bank.

As this model has no documentation, we've spent a bit of time inferring the
purpose and function of some of the code.

Manor or someone,  could you tell us what " generateIOP"
 stands for?

Is there  any other background on the model scenario?

Thanks

Paul Black and Ian Wilkinson
[ Misconfigured NetKit User (address@hidden) ]
University of Western Sydney, Nepean
P.O. Box 10, Kingswood NSW 2747, Australia