subclassing/collections

From: Claudia Pahl
Subject: subclassing/collections
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 1996 08:43:30 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I am aware of the warning that subclassing from collections is not
supported. Nevertheless I derived a network class from Linked_list similar
to the grid turtle program grid2.m. It used to work fine. Now with the
latest changes in Swarm it is quite a mess. I receive error messages that
it does not find interface declarations for List_linked nor for List_mlinks
depending on how I try to implement it.

Any suggestions how I should change the whole class structure which
unfortunately uses as superclass List_linked. You recommend to import the
collections and use an instance. Is this the most reasonable solution which
should be robust to further changes in the SWARM architecture?

All the best

Claudia

PD Dr. Claudia Pahl-Wostl                           e-mail: address@hidden
EAWAG, Switzerland                                  phone:    +41-1-823-5542
Environmental Physics                               fax:      +41-1-823-5210