stratagus-devel

[Stratagus-devel] Land/air/sea mess

From: Crestez Leonard
Subject: [Stratagus-devel] Land/air/sea mess
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:34:54 +0300

        Currently we have UnitType::UnitType with land/sea/air values and
UnitType::LandUnit, UnitType::SeaUnit, UnitType:AirUnit to specify the
type of unit. This is by all means a bad thing, I hit this while
documenting and decided to ignore it for a while.

Here's my proposal: have at most 8 of those, with configurable names.
for WC2 we would have land/sea/air and coastal (for transporters). Tile
flags are also quite messy, we could do everything by checking a single
bit.

Any thoughts on this?