spamass-milt-list

Re: running spamassassin on remote host ?

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: running spamassassin on remote host ?
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:51:32 -0500

In the last episode (Jun 17), Stephan van Hienen said:
> I have one machine with only 128mb memory not enough to run
> spamasssin on
>
> now I saw this option in the man page from spamass-milter :
>
> -D host
>      Connects to a remote spamd server on host, instead of using one
>      on localhost.  This option is deprecated; use -- -d host instead.
>
> but -d should be debugflags according to the manpage

The -- flag is a special option that means "stop processing the
commandline here".   Check near the bottom of the manpage:

   -- spamc_flags ...
        Pass all remaining options to spamc.  This allows you to
        connect to a remote spamd with -d or -p.

So whem spamass-milter sees

spamass-milter -d blah -- -d otherhost

It processes the first -d as a debug flag, and passes everything after
the -- to spamc.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden