sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Cease of operation: *.gnupg.pub

From: Franck Nijhof
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Cease of operation: *.gnupg.pub
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 22:00:01 +0200

Hi Travis,

I am pretty aware of the location of the source code as you have might noticed
in my initial writing:

> I have studied the code running the pools quite a bit

I also have not modified any of the SKS key server code along the process. My
machines always ran the original SKS key server code.
The issue is with the SKS key-server website/pool decision code, which is
currently hosted by Sumptuous Capital.

Let me quote another thing form my initial message:

> In my humble opinion the code should be made public on a decent open source
> platform (e.g., GitHub)

I am not sure if the little Git server thingy on that Sumptuous Capital domain
qualifies.
Bitbucket is a fine service by Atlassian, but let's be honest here, if you are
serious about Open Source, GitHub is the place to be.
Open Source requires, issue management, pull requests and above all:
contributors! Unfortunately, the latter are mostly found on GitHub.

Nevertheless, thank you for your response Travis, that is very much appreciated.

With kind regards,

Franck Nijhof