sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 3 million keys & and community help requested

From: Robert J. Hansen
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 3 million keys & and community help requested
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:50:22 -0400

> Reliable is *entirely* in the eye of the beholder.

Agreed.

> The core problem is extrinsic (as in dependent on the amount of
> data) interdependent tunables...

While I agree with your discussion of the external factors, I'd like to
point out that any modern database -- regardless of whether it's MySQL,
MariaDB, Postgres, BDB, or what-have-you -- will have approximately the
same amount of external factors.

As far as I can see no vendor has yet managed to field a database that
yields good results on real-world datasets without some sort of tuning.

This is of course not in any way a disagreement with your statement:
just further emphasis.