sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 3 million keys & and community help requested

From: David Benfell
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 3 million keys & and community help requested
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 23:38:21 -0700

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011, Robert J. Hansen wrote:

> My position is 'no,' and for that reason I think asking for
> justification for Berkeley DB is kind of pointless.  If there's nothing
> obviously better, then why are we interested in his decisionmaking process?

Here I disagree. Berkeley DB does not seem to be as reliable as
MySQL nor does it seem to have the quality of documentation
available. When something goes wrong, unless you are a BDB geek, you
will need to wipe the BDB and start from scratch.

Admittedly, the cost of this with SKS is not really that high. But
it has substituted redundancy for reliability. I would argue for
having both and the only reason I'm seeing for not having both is
an appeal to tradition.

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
http://www.parts-unknown.org/