sks-devel

[Sks-devel] bug: uid indexing/search broken without email address

From: Peter Palfrader
Subject: [Sks-devel] bug: uid indexing/search broken without email address
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 07:18:00 +0200

Hi,

When one searches for "Frederickson"[1] the following results are returned:

| pub  1024D/2D9CAE53 2003-11-11 Alan Frederickson <address@hidden>
|
| pub  1024D/74106AEF 2001-11-13 Alan Frederickson <address@hidden>
|                                Mark Emerson <address@hidden>
|
| pub  1024D/AAEB319E 2000-12-21 Chuck Frederickson <address@hidden>
|
| pub  1024D/66A559EA 2000-07-19 Colt Frederickson <address@hidden>
|
| pub  1024D/6C8EAE98 2000-07-19 Colt Frederickson <address@hidden>
|
| pub  1024D/64BD7E5B 2000-07-14 Shawn Frederickson <address@hidden>
|
| pub  1024D/38D1A895 2000-03-07 Mark Frederickson <address@hidden>
|
| pub  1024D/3FAAB083 1998-10-29 Ryan Frederickson <address@hidden>
|
| pub  1024D/CA303FD9 1998-09-17 Robert Todd Frederickson <address@hidden>

Searching for 0x9B93EA64 [2] and 0xBA64AD72 [3] yields additional Fredericksons:

| pub  1024D/9B93EA64 2004-07-28 Clint Frederickson

| pub  1024D/BA64AD72 2004-07-28 Colt Frederickson

I suspect that they are omitted from the search in [1] because they have no
email address.  They should be listed in the first search.

Now that Colt added an email address to his key, it is listed in the name
search.

One counter argument for my suspicion is that searching for the Mixmaster Code
signing key [4] yields results.  Does it just want at least 2 spaces in a uid?

1. http://keyserver.noreply.org/pks/lookup?search=Frederickson&op=index
2. http://keyserver.noreply.org/pks/lookup?search=0x9B93EA64&op=index
3. http://keyserver.noreply.org/pks/lookup?search=0xBA64AD72&op=index
4.