[Simulavr-devel] SimulAVR Compilation Problem

From: Mattias Wildeman
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAVR Compilation Problem
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:00:11 +0100

Hello!

I've been unsuccessful in compiling the simulavrxx-0.8.004 package.
Whenever i try to compile i end up with an error in the
"configuration" phase:

-------------------------
*** ERROR ***

provide --with-bfd-path=path-to-your-avr-libbfd-files or
ensure your AVR cross-compipler toolset is in the path
\(read-elf is used to auto-detect where your
AVR-build libbfd library is\)
-------------------------

I'm running MS Win with the cygwin package and WinAVR binaries
installed. I followed the instructions in the error message which said
i needed the source install of binutils-2.15.

So i uncompressed binutils-2.15.tar.gz in "/ematwil/binutils-2.15",
and then did a "cd binutils-2.15; mkdir obj-avr; cd obj-avr;
../configure --target=avr --prefix=/usr/local/avr --disable-nls"
followed by a "make". I then "cd"'d to the "bfd" directory and did a
"make install_libbfd". Everything worked fine.

I have then tried to configure simulavrxx with "./configure
--with-bfd-path=/ematwil/binutils-2.15/" and "./configure
--with-bfd-path=/ematwil/binutils-2.15/obj-avr/bfd/" but it still
gives the same ***ERROR *** message.

Any suggestions to what i might be doing wrong??

Best Regards,
Mattias Wildeman

Ps. I looked over the mailing list Archive, and somebody seemed to
have similar problems. Unfortunately it seemed like alot of the mail
thread didn't make it into the archive, so i was unable to decipher
the information. Ds