Re: [Simulavr-devel] Building for Windows

From: E . Weddington
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Building for Windows
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:06:55 GMT

> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, E. Weddington wrote:
>
> > Ted,
> >
> > With simulavr 0.1.1.20030915 this is how I build it for
Windows.

> > (Watch out for email wrapping on the bash commands.)
> >
> > I didn't see a "Building SimulAVR" section in the docs
so it's up to you
> > how you want to add this in.
>
> Committed as README.cygwin.
>
> My only conern is that you suggest setting CFLAGS=-static
during
> configure time. I wonder if this should really be passed
as
> LDFLAGS=-static instead.

Good point. I just checked the manual and you're right it
should be LDFLAGS=-static instead.

> Another problem with passing CFLAGS is that you clobber
any CFLAGS set
> by configure that may be needed to compile on the build
system. And,
> you also end up passing your CFLAGS to any of the
configure tests.

I've been wondering about that actually. What's the best
way (or is there a way) to append flags to either CFLAGS or
LDFLAGS for building? Should it go on the make line instead?

Eric