Re: vim syntax highlighting does not work in screen

From: Michael Parson
Subject: Re: vim syntax highlighting does not work in screen
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:13:10 -0500

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 03:32:54PM -0400, cga2000 wrote:

<snip>

> Sounds like the RedHat implementation of screen or vim .. or both .. is
> broken in subtle ways..

I'd bet it's RedHat's default /etc/screenrc.

I remember having problems with screen when I installed one rev of RH
on my desktop, I can't remember how far back it was... RH8? FC1?

Anyways, their default screenrc file was fundamentally incompatible with
the .screenrc I've been carrying around for years.  It drove me nuts,
till in a fit of frustration, I removed that file and everything got
better.

Might be worth a shot.  Don't have to delete it, just move it out of the
way.

--
Michael Parson
address@hidden