screen-devel

[screen-devel] Maximum 99 PTY's running SCO 5 limitation fixed

From: Oud Ammerveld, Eric
Subject: [screen-devel] Maximum 99 PTY's running SCO 5 limitation fixed
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:54:18 +0200

Running SCO 5 at work I discovered a limitation to the screen command.
Only 99 PTY's could be used; having over 250 users, this was an issue.

The reason I wanted this much screens is for a session reliability construction.
(Out remote locations had some problem with internet and the local power supplier)

You can find what I did to resolve this issue over here:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/screen-error-no-more-ptys-299380/

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Eric Oud Ammerveld

Programmeur / Developer