scew-users

[scew-users] Re: help installing SCEW (can't find expat.h)

From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
Subject: [scew-users] Re: help installing SCEW (can't find expat.h)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 00:52:21 +0200

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 23:44, Josh Wilkie <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Aleix,

Hello Josh,

> I am trying to install SCEW in an embedded system running uClinux so I
> can do some xml file manipulation.  I installed expat successfully and
> used a prefix to put it in a directory "/home/user/xml".  Now when I
> run ./configure in the SCEW directory it fails stating:
>
> checking expat.h usability... no
> checking expat.h presence... no
> checking for expat.h... no
> configure: error: Unable to find Expat library.
>                Download lastest version at http://www.libexpat.org
>
> So I've tried many things to get it to find expat, setting prefix,
> setting --with-expat, etc...  but still can't seem to find it.  Is
> there some obvious step I'm missing here?

You need to setup two environment variables CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS (see
./configure --help), pointing to the Expat headers path and the Expat
library path respectively.

This can also be done in the command line (just before ./configure), like this:

$ CPPFLAGS=-I/home/user/xml/include LDFLAGS=-L/home/user/xml/lib ./configure

(note that /home/user/xml/include and /home/user/xml/lib might not be
what you have).

Let me know if this works.

I have CCed the SCEW mailing list so others can find a solution to this issue.

Best regards,

Aleix