Re: Is PHP available to projects' web pages?

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: Is PHP available to projects' web pages?
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 08:52:10 +0000

On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 10:42:21AM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> Yes, I can see my way to generating the .html files.  PHP is used solely
> to include boilerplate files (like lists of links) into the main files.

Apache SSI commands like <!--#include virtual='...' -->
must work [0]...

> I'm not looking forward to removing all but one of the duplicate
> copyright/license statements which will appear in these files because of
> this file inclusion.  But I know how to do that.

...however, copyright and license notices should be written
in the covered files directly; if they aren't, it's too easy
to end up with invalid notices [1].

[0] https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HomePage/
[1] https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html#why-license-notices