[Savannah-register-public] [task #4564] Submission of Hurd's AlteRnative

From: Sergio López
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4564] Submission of Hurd's AlteRnative Development
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:08:35 +0200

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7909>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  Hurd's AlteRnative Development

System Group Name:
-----------------
  hard

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  HARD (Hurd's AlteRnative Development) doesn't need too much explanation.
It's simply a fork from the official Hurd's Development, which is mostly
stuck. You can think about it as an "independent and experimental development
branch of Hurd". In a future, we expect that some of our changes will enter
into the official repository (because of this, GCS and copyright assignment
is also required for developers).

It will be composed by the following packages:

 - GNU Mach (gnumach-1-branch from official Hurd's CVS -
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/gnumach.html)
 - Hurd (http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd)
 - (Maybe) Little parts or patches from/for Glibc
(http://www.gnu.org/software/libc)

All the changes will retain the original license (GPL). We sincerely think
that our work is needed, and that will help in a future to the official
branch.

Thanks.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4564>