[Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] combine want to be a GNU package

From: savannah-hackers
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [Savannah] combine want to be a GNU package
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:42:08 -0500

Hi,

The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?

Submitter: <address@hidden>
Project Full Name:  combine: File Matching and Filtering
Project System Name:  combine
License:  gpl
Approval URL: https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=5599
a database works with its internal structures.  The engine is combine (as in
the havesting machine, but also nicely similar to join), which is the only
portion written so far.  It uses hash tables to join 0, 1, or many files to an
incoming file or data stream.  Additional features allow for hierarchy
traversal, date comparison (adapted from the Emacs calendar functions), and
extensions through Guile.  The current version can be found at
http://www.theWorld.com/~dpv/index.html  My current employer (The Gillette
Company) has approved its release (I wrote it on my own time).  There are
similarities in function to a program I contributed to in FORTRAN for a former
employer (which I had left more than 4 years before writing this version), and
I am confident that there is nothing here subject either to copyright or
confidentiality concerns.  Future direction for the project may include the
addition of indexing, special treatment of sorted files, adaptation of the new
Guile API, and auxiliary programs to increase ease of use.

 -- the Savannah admin

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/