[Savannah-hackers] [support #102552] CVS Write Access Configuration

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #102552] CVS Write Access Configuration
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:47:14 -0500

Support Request #102552, was updated on mar 28.10.2003 à 04:22
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=102552&group_id=11

Category: CVS

By: yeupou
Date: mar 28.10.2003 à 12:47
Logged In: YES
user_id=1896
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.1; Linux 2.4.22-pre2; i686; fr)

Hi,
this feature currently does not exists. However, CVS permits to easily
track commits, so basically if someone not supposed to make any
commits do that, you should be aware of it pretty soon. And if it is not
possible for the project leader to tell someone not to commit on the CVS,
maybe this "someone" should be dropped from the project.

There are some CVS extensions that allows per directory write access.
This is usually horribly dirty hacks, unmaintainable. So we do not
provide that either.

By: mr-russ